Thursday, September 13, 2007

Here We Grow!

I've always been a procrastinator by nature, so it's no surprise that it's taken me just over 4 months to start blogging about Michael.

I'll try to start from the beginning and fill in the details as much as I can along the way. We've hit some pretty fantastic milestones in his short life, and I cannot believe how over 1/3 of the year has just flown by.

I'll start off with his latest milestone and work backward.

On September 13, just two days after he turned 4 months, we had our first back to belly roll over!

I had placed him on his back in his gym, one of his favorite places. I dashed over to my laptop to check my email, and before I knew it, I heard Michael grunting and crying out for help. While I wasn't looking, he managed to roll completely over onto his stomach, and he was stuck.

I quickly called David to give him the news, and he asked if I'd caught it on camera. Unfortunately, I wasn't given the gift of clairvoyance, so I didn't have the video camera handy.

Since then, he's rolled over twice more from back to belly. We've only had one belly to back roll, and that happened on August 20. I think it scared him enough to where he didn't want to do it again as he's managed to avoid doing it since.

I'll add one more anecdote from two nights ago:

David and I both heard a somewhat regular *thump* at around 4:30 this morning.

*thump* And then nothing.

*thump* And then nothing.

Alarmed, David got out of bed and went to check things out. Turns out, our "vandal" was Michael! He was wide awake in his crib, and making the noise by letting his legs fall onto the mattress. He wasn't crying or talking, just kicking.

He's been proud of himself lately for making the same type of noise on his changing table, and sometimes I'm afraid that it will just bottom out!

At least we got an answer to the latest "Things That Go Thump In The Night" mystery.

-Ashley

No comments: